Current Board Members
- Lenworth Williams, Esq. - Chair
- Delores Mack
- Neville Gibson
- Francine Rosario
- Tanesia M. Walters, City Clerk - Ex Officio
- Glenn Scott, Police Commissioner - Ex Officio
- Michael Paulercio, Consumer Protection - Ex Officio
The Mount Vernon Taxicab Commission conducts research into the use of taxicabs within the City of Mount Vernon. The Commission reviews the provisions of Chapter 237 of the Code of the City of Mount Vernon entitled "Taxicabs" and makes recommendations to the City Council about taxi fares, zones, accommodations for seniors and the disabled, vehicle identification, vehicle inspection and the numbers and type of taxicab licenses issued. The Commission has the additional responsibility to conduct research into the use of taxicabs within the City of Mount Vernon utilizing the advice and participation of all citizens, organizations and groups within the City of Mount Vernon. (See §238 of the Municipal Code for more information)
Taxicab Drivers & Owners
The Commission also conducts hearings to which applicants for licenses may be entitled including appeals of revocation, suspension and cancellation of a taxi driver's license or taxicab license that is not the result of a judicial conviction. The Appellate Review Procedure is as follows:
- The licensee shall file an appeal with the Taxi Commission within 10 business days after the date of decision or determination complained of on a written form prescribed by the Commissioner.
- The Commission shall schedule and hold a hearing within 30 days of receipt of the appeal.
- The Commission shall in each case render a decision within 30 days from the date of oral argument, which may affirm, wholly or partly, or may modify or reverse the determination appealed from.
- The Commission may grant a new hearing upon written request on a form prescribed by the Commission, which shall include a statement of the reason therefore filed with the Commission when it shall appear that the ground is either newly discovered evidence or fraud, or both. Appeals of the Commission's determination shall be pursuant to Article 78 of the Civil Practice Law and Rules.
Consumers of taxicabs having problems may file complaints with the Taxicab Commission at:
Office of the City Clerk
1 Roosevelt Square
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
Complaints must be in writing on a consumer complaint form identifying the company complained of, driver's license number or car plate number.
For more information please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 914-665-2348